Need someone to talk to ?

Sometimes life can feel like it’s getting too much. This could be for lots of different reasons…whatever the cause, we want you to know that there are people you can talk to both in and out of school.

You can speak to any member of staff at school

You can also email your concern through to

…Or you may wish to speak to someone outside of school. Here are some organisations that offer free help and support to young people that you may find helpful:

Kooth: Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people (11-19 years plus)
available at all times and includes accessing online counselling support
(Monday – Friday: noon – 10pm
Saturday – Sunday 6pm – 10pm)

DECCA: Sandwell Drug and Alcohol Services are still available as and when needed.
Please phone 0121 569 2201 or email

Brook offer sexual health advice and
guidance at

For confidential help and support with anything that is concerning you.
Online, on the phone, anytime. or call 0800 1111

Offer support for anyone (male or female) experiencing
domestic violence. Visit or call 0121 553 0090

In Sandwell there is lots of support available for you if you are suffering domestic abuse or if you are worried about someone who is.

In an emergency

In an emergency always phone the police on 999.

Use the 101 number to call the police if it’s not an emergency.

Support in Sandwell

Black Country Women’s Aid provides a range of services and support to men and women experiencing domestic abuse. You can call them 24 hours a day on 0121 552 6448.

They provide a full range of services including access to emergency accommodation, access to legal advice, court support, counselling, rape and sexual violence services.


For advice on housing including ways to keep safe in your home, re-housing or obtaining a place in a refuge you can call our Housing Options service on 021 368 1166.

For help to find emergency accommodation outside normal office hours call 0121 569 6883 or visit the housing section of this website.

West Midlands Police

West Midlands Police take all report of domestic abuse very seriously.

Remember – in an emergency call the police by dialling 999 or in a non-emergency dial 101.

Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (Clare’s Law)

The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (also known as Clare’s Law) aims to give individuals the opportunity to make enquires about their partner if they are worried they may have been abusive in the past. For more details including how to make a request please visit the West Midlands Police website.

Domestic Violence Protection Notice and Orders (DVPN/DVPO’s)

DVPN’ and DVPO’s are orders which enable the police and magistrates additional powers to protect a victim from further harm in the immediate aftermath of a domestic violence incident. For more details of DVPN’s and DVPO’s can be found on the West Midlands Police website.

Bright Sky App

Bright Sky is a free to download mobile app, providing support and information for anyone experiencing domestic abuse, or someone concerned about a friend or family member. In addition, the app is available for use by employers and service providers.

It includes

  • A unique UK-wide directory of specialist domestic abuse support services with contact details.
  • A secure My Journal tool to record incidents of abuse via text, audio, video or photo form, without any of the content being saved on the device itself.
  • Questionnaires to assess the safety of a relationship, plus a section on dispelling myths around domestic and sexual abuse.
  • Links to further resources and information on topics around domestic abuse.

You can download Bright Sky for free on the Google Play Store and App Store, where it is available in English, Polish, Punjabi and Urdu.

Home – Black Country Women’s Aid

Further advice and guidance is available at What support is available? | Sandwell Council

If you need support accessing any support you can always contact Channelle Nixon, Sandwell Community schools Designated safeguarding lead

07759118929 or


Safeguarding Resources